Do you have a son with “poor aim” at Home??
Step by step on replacing your toilet:
Make sure the toilet you purchase to replace is the same size base and depth from wall to ensure it will fit easily
- Drain the toilet of all water by turning off the water supply and flushing.
- Use a plunger to push any remaining water out
- Disconnect the tank from the main water supply
- Remove old toilet by loosening the old rusted bolts then rocking it side to side to break the seal
- Clean the old wax ring off flange with a putty knife
- Plug the hole with a cloth to prevent sewer gasses from coming up as you work
- Put a new wax ring on the bowl, not on the flange
- Set bowl over the open flange
- Set tank on the toilet and tighten (be careful to not over tighten)
Note: Before resetting the new toilet, check to make sure that the subfloor is in good shape and the area is clean – this will help eliminate those “poor aim” odours.